The station manager at radio station WHMP along with his counterparts at sister stations WLZX and WAQY had 16 sales staff, a conference room, and a two-part goal for the day:
"Break down the walls that hinder my staff from working together... and then get them pumped up about selling radio spots!" He also knew that the meeting opener would set the tone for the whole day. So he definitely wanted to start with a bang, with something that would achieve his first objective quickly from the get-go.
"A New Approach to Team-Building" fit the bill perfectly: a series of interactive, cooperative games custom-designed to break down the barriers and get adults focused on working together towards common goals, as well as jazzing them up, getting their juices flowing, and putting them all in an open, receptive, stimulating, cheerful mood which they'll be able to re-activate throughout the rest of your event's activities.
Here's a synopsis of the training, with just a few examples in each section of the exercises we'll work on together with your staff:
1. Opener: ENERGY. Standing Ovation is a rousing icebreaker that really gets the blood pumping. It's so easy... everyone actually already knows how to do it!
2. TEAMWORK. In Who's the Leader?, everyone works together to attain a specific goal. Then, the same only 1-on-1 with Quick Draw, How to Start an Argument, and a few other quick, stand-up, partner games. The added bonus here is that everyone experiences several different co-workers' individual work styles in the process.
3. CREATIVE THINKING. Explore small group dynamics in Famous Characters and Shape Up! Lateral thinking definitely rules in the purposely deceptive Amateur Detective.
4. GROUP PROBLEM SOLVING. The tangle of Knots. The physical awareness of Islands. The sheer tenacity of Catch the Dragon's Tail. As a group, you and your co-workers work together to solve them all!
5. Closer: COOPERATION. The incomparable Lap Game brings the entire group back together again, uniting your entire team in a circle of seats-without-chairs for a well-earned round of applause!
Your group will be completely revved up with team spirit and a new sense of teamwork experienced in a unique, powerful, upbeat, FUN workshop. And, like hundreds of others before them, your staff will talk about it for weeks, remember it for years, and just plain work better together as a result of their participation in this definitely-something-different workshop!
Click here to see comments from past participants.